As we speak I wish to introduce to you probably the most successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), which is oriented towards the famous Warcraft three - Map "Defense of the Ancients".
For those who never played DotA (are there any?) and who don't know the game concept I'll clarify it intimately:
League of Legends does not put high requirements on your PCs. You want at the least:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.zero capable video card, - 750 MB free exhausting disk area, - DSL or related
Create an account either on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, relying on where you live. You too can create an account on US while living in Europe however you'll experience greater pings then. I offer you a hyperlink to create an account in my author's bio. Choose a name (at all times the toughest half) and a pleasant image and off you go!
There are 2 groups 5 players (there are extra game modes, however they don't seem to be vital at first because as a newbie you should start with 5vs5 to study the gameplay). Earlier than every match you all select a "champion" who's the character you need to use in battle. Dependant in your personal preferendes it may be e.g. an undead mage, an enormous granite golem, a bit of boy riding on a Yeti, a courageous knight and many more.All in all there are greater than eighty (!) completely different champions and every second week one is added.
Each champions has 4 different skills (3 regular and one extra strong, the "Final") and a passive, which he has because the beginning. You study the talents by leveling up ingame and your max champion stage is 18 which implies that you've 5 factors in each regular capacity and 3 in your ultimate.
You obtain experience for levelling up by:
1. Being close to when enemy minions or impartial monsters are killed by your troops (it isn't essential to kill them yourself!)
2. killing or aiding to kill enemy champions
In the beginning you typically play no matter you like, later it is useful to communicate with your teammembers before the match begins so that you've got a balanced setup and not 5 champions of the same kind.
The totally different sorts of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means means power, they mainly deal magical harm with their skills)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Harm, they primarily deal bodily damage with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are arduous to kill and shield their own carries, for instance by beautiful or taunting the enemies)
4. Supports (They have either buffs or heals to help their carries and maintain them alive)
5. Junglers (They do not start in the lane but within the jungle and assist their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The interesting level is: Relying on the items you equip on your champions they're typically able to satisfy completely different roles!
In the beginning you do not have own champions, but every week there are 10 free ones which everybody can use. After some matches you should purchase more champions with affect factors (IP) within the shop. I'll come to this later.
The map has 3 different lanes, which lead from your individual to the enemy base. On these lanes there are several Towers which you have to destroy before you may assault the base itself. As a assist your predominant building ("Nexus") spawns minion waves in brief intervals which help you in fights. Between the lanes there's the "jungle", where neutral monsters are located. For those who kill these you receive gold and/or momentary buffs.
As quickly because the match begins everyone has a few minute to spend his starting capital on objects within the shop.
This does not take lengthy since you don't have much gold within the beginning. There are different ways to earn gold within the game:
1. Everybody receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or impartial monsters (here it is very important give them the ultimate blow, the so called "lasthitting")
3. Killing or aiding to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are a number of gadgets which grant you extra earnings (the so referred to as gold/5 objects -> they give you 1 gold each 5 seconds)
If you happen to destroy the enemy essential building (Nexus) your crew wins. For being able to attack the Nexus, however, you must destroy all 3 towers and the inhibitor on not less than one lane and the 2 towers which defend the Nexus. So it's not the perfect thought to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 when you do not push the lanes at the same time. A median match takes 30-45 minutes, hardly ever greater than an hour. As soon as the match reaches minute 20 it is also doable to surrender.
More game modes are a 3vs3 and a pretty new domination map ("Dominion") the place you have to capture and defend sure points. As well as there are ranked modes for players with summoner level 30 (explanation follows) by which you receive an Elo depend relying on your wins and losses. For freshmen I extremely recommend the normal 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends shirt
of Legends also has an RPG part. You do not only choose a name and an image for yourself (you are a so known as "summoner", do not mix it up with the "champions") but you might be also able to degree up yourself and purchase small buffs with Influence Points (IP).